Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Hand, Foot and Mouth - Again and Spiders

On Tuesday the 28th, I took Luke in for this spot on his hand(first noticed on the 22nd) that I originally thought was either a mesquito bite or a small infection - at least that is what I thought until a bunch of water blisters started popping up around it over that weekend. Wouldn't you know it the day of the appointment his had started looking better, but he had gained the same blisters on the sides and bottoms of his feet along with a red dot rash so I kept the appointment. Well, this child of mine has some how caught the Hand, Foot and Mouth disease again. He had it either last spring or fall. But I can't seem to find any of his "friends" who have it. I think he is going out of his way to find kids that are sick and swap germs with them without me knowing. He will do just about anything for some cuddle time. Just kidding.



The outbreak this time was different than last time so maybe it is a different strain. Last time it first appeared on his outer thighs and looked like ant bites and I assumed they were. But I guess I should take my own advice I give my athletes. "If you didn't see the spider (or in this case ant) bite you then don't assume it is a spider bite." On a side note in my job, we see a handfull to a couple of handfulls of skin infections, that could be the dreaded staph infection, that the athletes let go for a week or two thinking it is just a spider bite.

By the way, I have been doing the hand motions to the itsy bitsy spider and Luke has been attempting to do the spider motion. It is so cute. I will have to get video of it for you to see.

No comments: