Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Friday, June 6, 2008

E-mail Updates

I noticed lately that I was not getting the e-mails that let everyone know when the blog is updated, but I thought it was just me so I didn't worry. Then a faithful reader - AKA my Mom - told me she was not getting them either so I set out to figure out what happened.

Around May 18th you may or may not have received an e-mail about Blogarithm "migrating" to RSSFWD. And apparently the new e-mail that is being sent out about the update notifications went in to my Spam folder. So please check you spam folder and look to see if you have an e-mail from "RssFwd Daily Digest" rssfwd@rssfwd.com that is titled Updates for 06 Jun, 2008/S1300. I don't know what the numbers at the end are so yours may be different. The e-mail was received on June 6th at 8:47am.

I will still look into this change. If they only send out one e-mail at the end of the week then that will defeat the purpose of having it, so I might look into other providers of this service. Please let me know if you have any suggestions or requests. Thanks. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Edit: If you do find the e-mail that tells you I have updated the blog, at the very bottom is a statement that says :
To manage other subscriptions, click here
If you click on the word here it will take you to the wesite for RssFwd where you can customize your settings. On The Galloway Family blog you can click on edit my subscription and then after a little while you will see your e-mail adress and a drop down box. In the drop down box you can choose when you get your update notification. If I am the only blog you subscribe to you may want to choose the Normal setting if not you will probably want the digest setting, but you do get to choose the approximate time of day which we couldn't with the other service.

No comments: