Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

1st Circus April 5th

Our first circus experience was not bad considering Luke is 2 1/2 years old. I had no idea that by getting to fair park 30 minutes before it was supposed to start would mean sitting in line with hundreds of people because the doors didn't open until the time it was supposed to start. Once we were able to begin filing in, we quickly realized they had one set of double doors open for this massive crowd of people to come in. I quickly felt like a herd of cattle rushing through the gate. We finally made it inside and were finally directed to our section, which was on the floor. And by on the floor I mean about 20 feet from the rings. I also did not know that kids were allowed to ride on ponies and the elephants. I decided Luke was to little and could not go, that and he had been screaming since we got out of the car. Finally got Luke calmed down and in a seat and he had a pop tart in hand. Finally everything was right with the world.How is it the 2 1/2 year old can look at the camera, but the person operating the camera can't?

Luke was in awe from the moment the lights went down. The ringmaster was presented first with a little dance number and then the first animal act...The Tigers! I am glad the were in the ring furthest from us because even though Luke liked them, but they were about 50 yards away.
After a few other acts was the Elephant. This act was in the center ring and close to us. Luke loved it!! The elephant was very talented.



We also watched a dog act, but I didn't get any picture of it. At one point during the act the dogs slid down a tube like a slide and Luke wanted to go slide. But I was able to convince him that the slide was for dogs only.
We made it through a few more acts of dancing and such, but Luke was getting very restless. It was 8:30 after all and he was tired. When Luke has had enough he will start to ask to go home, and he asked to go home. We had seen the two main events I figured he would watch so we left.
I can't wait for the next opportunity to take him to the circus!


1 comment:

Cindy Foerster said...

Hi,

I love your blog...It is the same as mine. My maiden name is Galloway. Our URL: www.gallowaykepleyfamilies-cindy.blogspot.com

Your blog and children are really cute.